Distribuir contenido

GoMe Census / Job list / To-do list

145 respuestas [Último envío]
Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Oct 29 2007

Phase one of the census is done. After a week some people have not answer the Pm I wrote to them and unless someone can confirm that these people are messengers and active, I'll just assume that they are no longer with us ( :( ) or non-messengers working with some of us:
Altydwarber
kaelisebonrai
Dr CrisGer
Bert_2
Thend

Part 2 of the census will involve presenting the data collected in simple, easy to use documents for different groups of people and that will start very soon.

Kalypso: #85553

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007

I can comment on 3 of these.

Altydwarber is a member of Cavern Communications Network, a GoMe affiliate.

Dr CrisGer is not a GoMe member but sometimes posts announcements here. He is a talented artist.

Thend is not a GoMe member but acted as the impartial vote taker during the first GoMe elections, and he runs the ECC group in Second Life where he will relay any news that we would like to share to SL Uru refugees through him.

Tai'lahr
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 8 2008

Would the ECChain be considered an affiliate?

Now, my report on communication with the Guild of Greeters: I PMd the Grand Master, Indy and received a reply this morning. The GMs are organizing a task force to define the GoG's role in MORE among other things, including contacting other guilds to see how they can work together in MORE. This may take some time. In the meantime, Indy says the GoMe can contact him directly. Soooo.... If you like, I can be the GoMe's rep to the GoG, but it needs to be clear that I'm serving the GoMe and not speaking as a Greeter or on behalf of the GoG.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Thank you for this update Tailahr on the GoG status, that's the kind of thing I'd expect from a very good Liaison. ;)

I already told you that you are now our official Guild Of Greeter Liaison. I can't be any clearer than that. ;)

As liaison, being in service for the GoMe is important but this Liaison relationship is a two way kind of deal. You'd have to serve the GoG in the way that you would be the GoMe expert for the Greeters, answering their questions about the Gome, being able to give them contact information (or relay directly information from one party to the other) if they want to talk to someone here or to the guild as a whole.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 6 2008
Kalypso wrote:
I already told you that you are now our official Guild Of Greeter Liaison. I can't be any clearer than that. ;)

Ok Tai'lahr, It was official enough for me last night when I opened my mouth in SL and congratulated you. :) But now that it's officially official; CONGRATULATIONS GoG LIAiSON TAI'LAHR

Apostrophe` added from historical Uru explorer contact... You're welcome. P.S. If the color is too far off of official GoMe yellow, it's 'cause I'm colorblind and the swatches are too teenie ! :lol: (psst, don't tell Szark what I just said. shhhhh)

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Congrats Tai' :)

And to answer your question, I'm not certain whether it would be reasonable to call the ECC an affiliate or not. It would be partly Thend's decision as much as it would be the GoMe's.

A few months ago, I had a discussion with Lynnutte (as I recall) about what sort of events should be posted to our RSS feed; the question came up of whether we'd report on Up on the Roof! parties in SL, and if so, would we also be obligated to report on other Club Siren parties. I pointed out that Up on the Roof could be said to have its roots within Uru, while the other Siren events might be of interest to some Uru refugees but they were not really Uru events. Therefore, I felt it would be OK to announce UotR parties, but not every other party in SL that might be run by someone whose brother's uncle's sister once visited D'ni. That list would be huge and unwieldy, and I thought we needed to draw a line somewhere to prevent SL news from dominating our RSS feed.

I mention the above because I wouldn't want us to be seen as hypocrites for making the ECC an affiliate when it technically is not a publication that originated within Uru. But I think there's a compelling case that the ECC should not be bound by the same rules because a news publication is not the same thing as a party and we don't need to worry about 50 different SL players putting out daily notecards and asking to be considered affiliates.

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
se unió: Mar 1 2008

@ Kalypso

I am still impressed by your list in the first post.

It is easy to read. user friendly and well updated.
(making a WorkPad copy was a cinch)

Thank you again for this excellent work.

Nanouk.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Thanks Nanouk, I'd still like to have something with a better presentation yet being easily updated. Don't have the time right now though. My energies are devoted to the Liaison Meeting Place unfortunately.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a

An idea, a question.
Should the things that GoMe needs from Cyan, to communicate to explorers in MORE be listed on our Census To do/Long term idea list?

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcp2kvkm_0cqbf52cj

Should also the Guild Liaisons subject or LMP be put there also? Might need a new shelf built to hold it all. :wink:

Marten asked me to keep an idea I had about cavern KI communication on the back burner until I could request a new feature from Cyan for MORE. I want to do that very much, but some details need to be hashed out well before the request is written.
I'm already having trouoble finding the post it was brought up in. :mrgreen: , So I'm thinking we should also have a MORE Features for GoMe topic in our forum (public). OR maybe a MORE Features Section with topics listed for different features. i.e. topic for KI communications, one for New Imagers Needed, etc.
What do you all think? Get's our minds off guild liaisons for a bit. :lol:
Al

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ene 12 2008

Do you mean this thread Al. Re: Need help answering interview questions for Vidyanow.net A tip for you, all I did was to click on your name and then on the right hand side click on Search user’s posts, page two all hey presto.

Yeah I like the idea of the future projects to be listed somewhere so they aren't lost. Example if I was to store them here on my computer and on a disc and then something was to happen to me (god forbid) then that info is lost, as Christine wouldn't know where to look.

Szark

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Al, you are right that job list /things to do / long term projects is not adequate. Honestly, I haven't touch theses sections much since creating te Census (so they are pretty useless right now), my energies being focused elsewehere. But it could be a great thing to have the ideas of our projects there just to not forget them.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
Szark wrote:
A tip for you, all I did was.....and Yeah I like the idea of the future projects to be listed somewhere so they aren't lost.

Thanks for the tip Szark, every forum seems to be different and I'm on like.. oh... 6 others or so, I had no clue here.

Kalypso wrote:
Al, you are right that job list /things to do / long term projects is not adequate

Kalypso, I apologize if you think I called your Census sheet inadequate. See what trouble I'm in. I didn't utter a word about NOT ADEQUATE. :o Now you know why I have taken my mind out of ANY further liaison discussions.
This is exactly what I'd hoped wouldn't happen we when I open my keyboard and start typing. :shock:

Let's try this Again

AlKaera wrote:
So I'm thinking we should also have a MORE Features for GoMe topic in our forum (public). OR maybe a MORE Feature Requests section with topics listed for different features. i.e. topic for KI communications, one for New Imagers Needed, etc.
AlKaera wrote:
What do you all think?

Is an UP or Down vote more appropriate? Nanouk ! or Szark ! can anyone referee. I should have taken a Poll. Oh :shock: I DID
I'm done,
Al

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Don't worry Al, I don't think you feel that the census is not ADEQUATE. I feel this way concerning the bottom half of it. ;) And to please myself I need to start working on it.(I was supposed to do this last week but did not have the time)

You are more than welcomed to start a topic in the Guild business section to talk about what the GoMe wants when MORE will be opened. It's never too early to brainstorm ;)

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a

if you need a referee, It is ok with me.

But you will have to explain the problem an easier way to comprehend because
at the moment you have lost me in a thick fog.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
Kalypso wrote:
You are more than welcomed to start a topic in the Guild business section to talk about what the GoMe wants when MORE will be opened. It's never too early to brainstorm ;)

Thanks for the vote Kalypso. :D That's an UP

I will wait for more input. One vote can't be considered a majority.

(Crier)_Nanouk wrote:
if you need a referee, It is ok with me.

But you will have to explain the problem an easier way to comprehend because
at the moment you have lost me in a thick fog.

It was just in case I was entering a war of the words with Kalypso. Didn't happen, your service as a referee are not required. Thanks.
Al

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
AlKaera wrote:
Kalypso wrote:

Thanks for the vote Kalypso. :D That's an UP

I will wait for more input. One vote can't be considered a majority.

The quote from Kalypso did clear the fog away.

One more vote for AlKaera. :mrgreen:

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

All wrote:

Quote:
MORE Features for GoMe topic in our forum (public).

Kalypso Wrote:

Quote:
You are more than welcomed to start a topic in the Guild business section to talk about what the GoMe wants when MORE will be opened. It's never too early to brainstorm

But please bear in mind what Marten said in Lesson 4

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188#p3371

So Al feel free to start a thread, starting with your suggestion as this is a good one to start a KI Usage and Ideas thread. When we have time we can add the stuff that has already been suggested as well. UP

On a personal note AlKaera, no need for refs, Kalypso and I may come across blunt sometimes and that is (speaking for myself) mainly due to not having the time for subtleties. Just remember not to take it personally as it is not meant to be. You do right keeping out of that liaison fiasco Al, but it ok now you can come out.

Btw I am pretty sure no one will object to you making a thread about the future possibilities for MORE. It is all good.
Szark

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Yeah. You really don't need anyone's permission to start a thread on this forum. ;) We need your ideas and new messengers' ideas to grow and think outside the box. :)

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a

Thanks all. here it is http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=291
I hope it goes well.
You won't believe how long it took me to create this, after the second try even. Lost the first one, went somewhere else in forum, page expired. :?: :shock: Yeah, I know how forums work uh huh.
Al

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

With the Gome meeting coming up soon and realizing that in the last 2 weeks, the actual census work have been minimal, I forced myself to actually update it.

Bad news: We lost a messenger last week which is quite sad. Teknobubba is leaving us. However he still plan to get involved in Guilds stuff which is good for the cavern community, just not with our little guild. I wish him the best hoping that he will be happier in his new guild. ;)

So we officially have 20 hard-working messengers (Not including the messengers working on affiliate stuff without coming here).

Out of that we have 6 new and relatively new messengers. 3 of them are well established in the Gome family: Tai'larh as the GoG Liaison, Angelfire as a puzzle maker for the Newsletter and AlKaera as the proofreader for the Newsletter.
FloCat replied to a PM I sent to her last week regarding how the integration in the Gome has been since she joined while the other 2 (Gerbert and Legomoe Green III) have not yet replied.

I contacted the 4 project managers of the GoMa: Lynnutte (Newsletter), Narym (Archiver), Lial (Calendar) and Anthony (TCT). They offered up a list of job available in each project. Any new messenger or messenger willing to take more responsabilities should check the list in the Census to know where their help would be needed. Please contact me if you are interested in the one of these positions.

The "middle term projects" list had been updated, please if you think of any idea/project that would be interesting for the GoMe to tackle, give me your input and I'll add it to the list.

I also added the names of the Guild Liaisons grouped together for an easy reference guide.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Really great job, Kalypso!

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

I agree what a excellent piece of work there Kalypso. Easy to see and read. This is one of the best assets we have.
Szark

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

1 Job and a half have already been removed from the Census.

Szark is our new Advertiser for the TCT
(This person would be in charge of advertising the podcasts.)

while I have taken the responsability of distributing the Newsletter to the subscribers.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
Marten wrote:
Really great job, Kalypso!

And I like it a lot too. Very nice update.
Two questions please and I'll be nice, promise.
1. Can you add my interest in the wiki effort to my name along with 'proof/edit submitted GoMe articles' ? This effort already goes beyond just the newsletter and the mysterium effort, which is done and over btw.
2.Are you the only person that is authorized to input/update this docs.google page? Shouldn't be, because we won't let you take vacation, EVER, unless you share the authority with a backup person. :idea: :)
/me raises hand,

AlKaera

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Help is always welcomed Al. ;) I would feel honoured to have a partner in the Census. I just sent you an e-mail to your @beyonduru.com address.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

2 more jobs have been removed from the census.

Veralun will now be our Calendar Keeper (With Lial's retirement to be soon as the GoMe Calendar Keeper. We need someone or a group of people to take over Lial's responsabilities. These responsabilities include: -Monitering various forums looking out for posts about Uru-related and Uru community related activities and meetings and posting information to the GoMe calendar.)

while

Dot from the GoMa will be a tech person for the Archiver (People with Apple Pages and the ability to use it.)

I left them on the census(crossed though) because it's not official yet but when it will be these positions will be removed.

Thanks guys for stepping up to the plate and give us a hand!

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Lial also gave me information on how to add to the calendar, but I'm relieved to see Veralun taking on the job because I just don't have as much time to help as I would like.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
Kalypso wrote:
Help is always welcomed Al. ;) I would feel honoured to have a partner in the Census. I just sent you an e-mail to your @beyonduru.com address.

Thanks and your welcome... I'm off to read the mail.. :D

Oh, Oh, speaking of addresses, is there a GoMe mailbox set up yet? I remember the discussion, not sure I saw that it happened. Maybe after the new GoMa home page is finished huh?

AlKaera.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Speaking of web addresses. I put in the census the e-mail addresses of most messengers. If you would like to provide an other e-mail rather than the one displayed, please do and I'll change it. ;)
So technically, we can each reach each other through e-mail if Pm don't work while people outside the guild now can now contact us without joining the forum.

Al, we are waiting for Shimmer's return to be given @guildofmessengers.com adresses unfortunately. :(

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
Kalypso wrote:
Speaking of web addresses. I put in the census the e-mail addresses of most messengers. If you would like to provide an other e-mail rather than the one displayed, please do and I'll change it. ;)

Kalypso, I do not know who has access or not to the census page but I beleive it was a bad idea to make our personnal email address available.

I see that as a "serious" confidentiality/security breach and very disrespectfull. At minimum, I should have been asked permission for mine to be available or not.

Would you please remove it. It is urgent.

Angry Nanouk.